Replaced T-15, now getting high amps

May 29, 2011
I've owned my pool for 5 years now. T-15 cell gave out, replaced it today. On the negative polarity, it's showing 10+ AMPS, and salt level of 2000. Salt tested at 3600. On positive, shows no AMPS, and the Voltage goes to Low Volts. Was hoping that the new cell would finally take care of my problems, but alas no. Also, I on my display, it shows a Communication Error 2. What is that? Any help appreciated! Thanks.

AquaRite units like the salt level to be below 3500, especially if the water is warm. High amps is a common error when the salt level is too high. That wouldn't account for the Communication Error 2, but it could account for everything else.

Thanks for the quick response, Jason, I appreciate that. Here's the crappy thing about that. About 4 weeks ago, had the pool drained halfway for sand-blasting the tile, and because the salt level was too high. Put a bag of salt in, took it in for testing, still a little low, put another bag in, still low, another one, now it's good. Haven't added salt since, and now the level is at 3600. What gives???

Communication error 2

"The display/keypad is not receiving any communication from the Aqua Logic
main control unit. The most likely cause of this problem is a broken wire or
"open circuit" in wires "2" and/or "3" in the cable between the display/
keypad and the Aqua Logic main control unit."

Be sure the 4 wires are securely connected to the screw terminals both at the control center and at the wired remote.
Carefully check for damage to the wire. Damage from Weed eaters are a common issue.

If you can't locate the source of the problem then
Call Goldline @ 888-921-7665

Please post your results.

PSG

Poolschoolgrad said:
Communication error 2

"The display/keypad is not receiving any communication from the Aqua Logic
main control unit. The most likely cause of this problem is a broken wire or
"open circuit" in wires "2" and/or "3" in the cable between the display/
keypad and the Aqua Logic main control unit."

Be sure the 4 wires are securely connected to the screw terminals both at the control center and at the wired remote.
Carefully check for damage to the wire. Damage from Weed eaters are a common issue.

If you can't locate the source of the problem then
Call Goldline @ 888-921-7665

Please post your results.

PSG

PSG,

Thank you. It must be the wires, or the harness that the wires sit in. If I remove the remote from the control center, and stretch out the wires, the comm error 2 goes away. Inspecting the wires, they look good, not frayed or anything like that. Maybe just need to check the harness, or get a new one.

Bama Rambler said:
Volts are easy if you have a multimeter. Just check the voltage at the cell terminals.

Got the multimeter, but again, not electronically capable. When you say cell terminals, are you talking about where the cell plugs into the control center?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.