Give me reassurance for my husband.

crs16

Gold Supporter
Jun 21, 2011
Albuquerque, NM
So my husband is out of town since the pool was filled. His concern is that I'm burning through the bleach too fast and so I must be doing something wrong.

At the end of the day I add 1.5 to 2 CUPS of 6% bleach to bring my FC back up to about 5. I'm still going off of test strips here but here are my typical numbers

Before adding bleach at the end of the day:
FC 3
TC 3
Ph between 7.2 and 7.6
TA between 80 and 120
TH between 50 and 100

After adding my 1.5 to 2 cups of bleach in the evening
FC 5
TC 5
All other numbers pretty much equivalent.

I don't have a way to test my CYA, but on Saturday after the fill I dissolved enough granular CYA to make the pool 30 ppm. So that is what I am basing my targets on.

I have been checking in the morning as well and the numbers hold up overnight.
My husband is convinced I don't have enough cya in there and that I should not have to add bleach each night.
I do live in a sunny climate and the pool receives about 6 to 8 hours of full sun each day, so maybe I should up the cya. Also how warm should I let the pool get with the solar cover on? Tonight it is reading almost 90, of course that is on the immediate surface. I keep the solar blanket on whenever we are not in the pool and overnight.
Opinions?

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.