Hanging Digital Thermometer

jj

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
I've lightly Googled and searched here, haven't found one.
Is there such a thing as a 'hanging' digital thermometer?
I don't want a floating one.
I want to know what the temp is a foot down like my old, recently deceased, hanging analog? one showed.
But I would love to have a digital, so I don't say "it's 91*" and hub says "oh no it's 90*". LOL
I'd like to 'nip this in the bud' with a digital:)
Thanks.......

Its getting bad with therms. I have 3 and all read something diff. Like yesterday the swg said 87, the pool heater said 81, and the in pool therm said 78. LOL I am more inclined to trust the pool heaters temp.

I've not found anything.
Thanks chiefwej. If I'm reading right, I have to also have the base unit. I don't think I want to go that far.
Heaven forbid....then he wouldn't legitimately be able to keep the tv on the weather channel. LOL

chiefwej said:
I have a remote wireless sensor that let's me set any depth I want and sends the temp back to my main unit in the house. It's made by Oregon Scientific.

http://us.oregonscientific.com/cat-Outl ... ensor.html

Thread is a little old but I would like to know what wireless temp sensor you have. I have the complete weather set that came with the wireless floating digital thermo, worked for approx 2 / 3 months but it kept getting moisture trapped inside making it hard / impossible to read.
The link you provided only brings me to the main site, could'nt find anything like your describing.

The one I have has a sending unit that looks just like the other little, white box sensors, but with a wire ending in a temp probe comming out of the bottom. It is sensor model THC268. I use two, one in the pool and one in the spa. I mounted the sensor boxes on stakes next to the pool deck, ran the wire through an expansion joint and set the probe down about a foot in the water. The temp is shown both on the sensor display and sent to a small receiver (model RAR381).

But, the bad news is they don't seem to have either unit any longer. The only choice for a water temp sensor I could find now is the floating type.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.