Backwashing and brown water

smithp

LifeTime Supporter
May 25, 2011
Read the pool school article on backwashing. So dense I still have a question. Tried backwashing and brown water (I quess it was sand) blew in from water jet. I do not see a valve to open to make water go to drain pipe. Do I have to attach hose to water jets? HELP. Will try and attach a pic of filter set up. Pic shows pipe on right which goes to ground for draining pool but did not see water come out when backwashing. But only left it on for a few secs since looked like sand into pool.
iPhone not ketting me add photo. Will add when i get back inside

Great question??? Can you tell me from these pics?
Have also attached pic of plumbing setup.

Attachments

• water valve.jpg
    water valve.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 146
  • pump piping.JPG
    pump piping.JPG
    234.7 KB · Views: 145
The position under the handle (opposite of the current setting), should be the backwash setting. That allows water to go through the pipe on the right near the wall. You should see water in the small sight glass on the port leading to that pipe when baskwashing. Once done backwashing you should rinse for about a minute, then put it back on filter (current position). You have a top mounted multiport valve.

I Did the backwash and it happened again. Did it once again and used the rinse setting in between and now there is Bo brown water. Thanks for all the help. Next battle is algae. Got to go read in the pool school.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.