g.a.m.e. Sand Pro 3/4 HP Sand Filter System - any good

20GT

May 24, 2011
Orlando, Florida
Hi all
I'm looking at getting item#35414101 Sand Pro 3/4 HP Sand Filter System
(Mfg # 4511 ) from pinch a penny.
Do you think its worth it. I have a 5500gallon 15' intex (1"diameter pool hose)
can i also add a cartridge filter to that later?
I also have a pool hose i got from Walmart and a vac head whats the best way to hook that up?

I have this for my pool. Of course it has only been 4 days of use, but so far no problems with it. We did have some issues of sittin the hoses perfectly so they didn't leak; thy don't give you much space to work with. But it's easy enough for me to use. My pool is a bit smaller than yours, but it's working well with keeping my pool clean.

You need to buy the pool sand. Ours were 50 lb bags, so it took approximately 1.5 bags. Still no problems with ours. We run it enough to turn the pool over about twice a day, adds to a couple of hours during the day and a couple at night when I add the bleach. I don't have an intex pool, but there were some additional parts that are supposed to fit your pump and filter to the intex connectors. So I would guess it would not be a problem.

thanks. does anyone know how i would hook up the vac i pieced together from Walmart.
I suppose that's done from inside the pool.
i going to look for some pvc that matches the pool screen intake and output (the part that goes thru the wall) that came with the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.