Adding 1 gallon MA

Jun 4, 2011
Up until this point, my entire focus this year has been shocking our pool and clearing it up. Well, it's clear, and I'm moving on to other levels. Currently, my pH is 8.0 and my TA is 157. In order to get to my TA and pH goal, I need to add a little more than a gallon of MA. When I bought the MA, the lady at the pool store said to just dump it into the deep end in one place, but I am SO skeptical of the pool store now, that I wanted to check here for advice first. How should I add it, and how long should I wait to add bleach?

I also pour mine slowly at a return jet. I choose the one that travels the longest length of the pool.

I pour slowly with caution. You want to be careful working with acid, the fumes are potent at the 31.5% concentration and it is very corrosive.

-Tom

You probably do not want to add an entire gallon of muriatic acid all at once, unless you have borates in the water. When making large PH changes, it is best to add about half the calculated amount, give it half an hour to mix in, measure PH and TA again, and then continue adjusting from there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.