Leak in Intex pool

Jun 3, 2011
We have a 24' x 52" Intex that we've had up for almost a month now. Suddenly, it has sprung a small pinhole size leak on the side wall. What could have caused this? What's the best way to patch it? We put one of the patches that came w/ the pool on it. How long can we expect that to hold?

TIA!!!

Walmart carries HTH patch kits. Just keep an eye on it...there are folks who have had patches hold many years, less if you will be dismantling the pool every year...solution, just patch it again when you put it back up.

Yup, should be right next to the little testkits/thermometer/pool accessories area. If not your local pool store/ace or tur-value hardware store may be another source :goodjob:

alrightythen said:
Will those patch kits be at the pool items at Walmart? I'll check today for them. We plan to keep it up year round, just drain it some for winterization. Thanks.

Yes, they should have it there. If not...and I hate to suggest it, but the pool store will.

Speaking from experience, I woul patch it from the inside first. Most of the vinyl glues will work under water. Just take your time and work out any air bubbles from the glue when you apply the patch.

alrightythen said:
So we need to patch it from the inside and the outside? Or just inside?

Yes, I would patch both sides to be safe. Be sure to use lots of glue on the inner patch, press and press, to work any air from between the patch and the wall. Same on the outside.Don' worry, it will work.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
See the above information, and search the forum for "patch".

There is a current thread about patching right now as well, click on "active posts" at the top left, it should show up.

I'm lazy and need to do something not pool related right now, I just typed some info about patching Intex pools in that other thread.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.