Jandy 1400 Aquapure

I don't know if my sensor or my cell is bad. My troubleshooting points to the sensor being bad. Disconnecting the sensor connector from the front board and performing the three checks gives the correct readings. My "manual" says that the front board is OK, but the sensor is bad. Also, the Aquapure pool temp reads 44 when the pool thermometer is at 81. Is it possible to buy the sensor and cell separately, so I can replace the sensor first and then the cell after, if the sensor doesn't solve the problem.
Thanks,
Lee

I am in a similar boat. After cleaning my jandy 1400 cell this year, it really started generating good chlorine. Then my salt readings went out of whack. I calibrated the salt sensor (as per the manual) and all was well for a month. Then the green flow light was always off and the cell was not on. So I am sure my sensor is the problem. I did the same tests you did.

Looking online I found a replacement sensor for about $200 for my older Jandy 1400 (ebay). A new 3 port cell with a sensor and a cord is about $500. I just bought my house this winter and am not sure how old my Jandy 1400 is. It is the older 2 port model, and my house in about 10 years old, so I figure the pool has been there for at least 8 years.

So I went ahead and bought the new $500 3 port cell with a new sensor and cord. It seems the older sensors are pretty prone to failure, so I am hoping the new sensor is better. But the new 3 port cell will need re-plumbing since it is smaller in diameter than the old cell. I have plenty of room to replace PVC so I am hoping it goes smoothly. The new cell just arrived last night. I may post some install pictures if I get to it this weekend. There are quite a few Jandy 1400 folks posting on this forum, so it may be of some interest to others.

Charlie.

My Aquapure just crapped out on me about a week ago. I first heard it beep and saw a few codes blinking on the console, looking them up said to clean the sensor, but they went away and I though it was working again. It was working on and off for a few days, sometimes the flow light would be on, other off and just the cell reversing light was on. The service light was on and the same codes were showing again. I purchased a new sensor and waiting for it to come in. I found it on Amazon for about $166. The lowest price I've seen is $144, but the website seemed a bit shady, so the extra 20 for Amazon was just a bit of insurance.

My local PS wanted $340 for it, wow!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.