First post for me - Polaris wiring and timers?

Gigem

Jun 26, 2011
Hi all!

New to the forum, and have a few issues to address on an old pool. First, about my Polaris...

Mine is a 180, with it's own aux pump. The Polaris pump is on a timer, but it is wired such that it only gets power when the main pump for the pool is on. I run my main pump 18 hours per day, so the Polaris timer clock is never right. Therefore, it is not possible for me to set the Polaris to run for 2 hours (for example), during the 18 hours that the main pump is running.

I guess I could just run the main pump 24/7, but I am curious how others time their pool cleaners...

Make sense?

Thanks in advance...

Tell us what timers you have. Make and model.

What you have to do is run the booster timer clock power from the main pump timer supply. If you have intermatic timers it's not too difficult.

With make and models of the timers we can give you wiring diagrams.

Yes, I am an Aggie!

Timers are Intermec, don't have the model handy.

Assumption - it is bad to run booster pump when main pump is off. True?

If so, getting both timers working will still mean that I have to be sure not to have Polaris running when main pump is off.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.