Clean/Check Cell warning

Jun 29, 2011
Hi folks,

I'm new here as well. I have a Autopilot Dig 220 and find myself with a similar problem. I have had my SWG running for 3 years event free. All of a sudden at the end of last season, I started to get the Clean/Check Cell warning. I figured that my cell was done and got a brand new replacement (SC-60).

Nothing seems to be working, as I've checked the power in (220 V) - OK. I use Mineral Springs (Bioguard) and levels are OK. My cell voltage is 18V and 4.7 Amps. Cell power - 3.

I have not checked the fuses or cell cable for continuity, but will do that in the next hour.

Any assistance would be much appreciated....

Bermuda Pool

When you say nothing seems to be working, what exactly do you mean?
You obviously have power to the cell. Is it producing bubbles in the cell?
Post a full set of test results and how you got them.
pH
FC
CC
TA
CH
CYA
Salt

Balmer Rambler,

Unfortunately, I'm not at my pool at this time but will get the details for you ASAP. What I meant by nothing seems to be working is that it did not seem to be producing chlorine. And I'm not sure, as I added some chlorine stabalizer to get the free chlorine count up to par last night (side note: I just filled my pool over the weekend, so the pool has only been running for approx 2 1/2 days (8 hrs/day)).

I will definitely get back to you with the numbers that you asked for...

Thanks again...

According to the Pool Calc you need to add about 8 lbs of stabilizer. I'd add the 5 lbs and order a good test kit (see my sig) and wait a day or two and see if the swcg starts keeping FC in the water. You can use the time waiting to read Pool School and learn how to use the Pool Calc.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Your amps and volts are out of range for cell power 3. If your salt level is correct, the cell is clean, and your incoming power is 220 volts, the lower amps and volts would point to a damaged power module.
You would have to power the system down, remove the cover and inner metal cover, and inspect the power circuit board for signs of damage.
How old is your system?

There's a slight chance that a depleted cell may give you lower amps, but the voltage should increase.
Put the system to Cell Power 2, press boost, let it run a few minutes and run the test again. If the amps and volts are still low, your power module is damaged. However, you are still generating some chlorine.

Poolsean and Bama Rambler,

Here are my readings this morning as measured by Auquatech 7 test strips:

Total hardness - 250 ppm
Total Chlorine - 5 ppm
Total Bromine - 10 ppm
PH - 7.5
Total Alkalinity - 80 ppm
Cyanuric Acid - 30 - 50 ppm
Salt - 2800 ppm

I let the pool run all night, Test Pool fuction on Autopilot was 24V at 8 amps. Warning message has gone away. Is this because the cell takes some time to start generating chlorine? It apears that it is fine now, however I will keep an eye on it over the next few days to see if it stays stable.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.