Intex Easy Set is Cloudy and Unsure of Just What to Do

Last year I poured in 4 cups of bleach (and absolutely nothing else) everyday and the pool lasted until early September when it turned into a swamp after a week of noone going near it.

This year I followed the Pool School set up for seasonal pools and three weeks in it's going cloudy.

Pool Store Test Results
pH 7.3
Alkalinity 70
Calcium 80
Free Chlorine 0.5
CYA 25

The store wanted me to buy shock and put all sorts of other things into the water. I came here first!
The pool calculator, if I used it correctly says I should add
3 cups bleach
1 cup borax
2 cups baking soda
2 quarts of calcium chloride (I don't know what this is?)
1 cup of stabilizer

Do those sound right? When I mentioned bleach, the store told me use 2 extra large jugs. (That would be 32 cups!)
I know its annoying for beginners to panic, but I feels hopeless.

Jennifer

From your FC levels you aren't adding enough chlorine.
Don't worry about anything right now except chlorine.
At this point you need to shock that requires adding 3 quarts of bleach and testing and adding more every hour till it holds and the water is clear.

Once you're over this be sure, from now on to enter the numbers correctly into the Pool Calc and use the correct amount of bleach required.

Above all don't panic! You'll be fine.

I added 8 cups of bleach right away and then added four cups that evening.
The water started to clear up by the next morning.

Today after three days of adding fours cups of bleach daily and cleaning the filter every day, I'm back to my clear pool!

Thank you for the reassurance Dave J.

On sunny days I have to add 4 cups of bleach every night anyway. You might want to check morning and night to see how much you loose each day to be sure but for that size of pool, CYA around 25 you should still need 2-4 cups a day depending on load.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.