Still messing with this pump....

tagprod

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 3, 2007
Tomball, Texas
Ok I'm having a helluva time getting my pump to prime. It used to be occasional but now it's every morning. I have to pull the lid of, fill the pot with water and repeat - sometimes many times before it will prime. In the pic below, the faucet right above the fault definitely has a leak. I gotta figure out how to get the faucet loose and replace the part. I've never even used that faucet so I don't think it's necessary. My question - is there anything else on the cheap I should tackle while I got this taken apart?

DSCN0832.jpg

DSCN0833.jpg

The pump losing prime usually means an air leak on the suction side of the pluming. However, if it only loses prime while it is off, that could be caused by a leak on the pressure side of the plumbing.

It should unscrew, although they may well have used locking thread sealer, in which case it won't unscrew at all easily. If it does unscrew without damage you can get a plug with the same kind of threading. If it doesn't unscrew, or there is damage, you will need to replace that section of pipe.

I decided just to cut it off before the T and install it all new. It was VERY easy to do. I'm not intimidated by electrical stuff but plumbing makes me nervous due to my lack of experience. I let it sit for a couple of hours and turned the pump on and it primed immediately. <crossing fingers!> Thanks for the tips :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.