teppy

Nov 11, 2007
Louisiana
My pool was just finished two weeks ago tomorrow on the 22 of Novemeber. I'm glad that I found this forum and am sure that I will be a regular here. I just joined for two years and then tried to purchase the test kit. For some reason, I can add it to my cart, but when i go to log in to go to the checkout, I get a message that login failed. Then I get a "Authentication blocked for 10 minutes for security reasons". What gives? Any idea on how to order this test kit?

Welcome!! Someone should be along soon to help you with the purchase problems. The TFT kit is a must have!

This is a great site with nothing but helpful folks.

Post some pics of your pool (and build) if you can. Also post your pools stats so it appears at the bottom of your signature each time you post. You can do this via your "profile".

Again...welcome.

teppy said:
My pool was just finished two weeks ago tomorrow on the 22 of Novemeber. I'm glad that I found this forum and am sure that I will be a regular here. I just joined for two years and then tried to purchase the test kit. For some reason, I can add it to my cart, but when i go to log in to go to the checkout, I get a message that login failed. Then I get a "Authentication blocked for 10 minutes for security reasons". What gives? Any idea on how to order this test kit?

Hi, Teppy,

First of all, welcome to the forum. There is a wealth of pool info here and a lot of really knowledgeable people who will help you keep your pool sparkling. It's a great group.

Secondly, I had hoped that that problem was solved with ordering but apparently not. Nine out of ten orders go thru fine but then an error like you experienced occurs. The issue is with the shopping cart software and we can't figure out what triggers it.

Last, if you'll shoot me an email to [email:12keqksm][email protected][/email:12keqksm] I'll make the ordering process very painless and ship your kit tomorrow. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.

dave,
thanks. I was just able to log in again. I was still having problems ordering the kit though. I even tried to use netscape, but no luck. I then tried to to re-register again and voila! It took my registration just like when I first joined this forum. It looks like you have to register for the forum and then again to order the test kit. I was successful this time and my paypal payment has gone through. when this kit comes in though I will need some help I'm sure. Thanks again and I'm glad to have found this forum.

teppy said:
dave,
thanks. I was just able to log in again. I was still having problems ordering the kit though. I even tried to use netscape, but no luck. I then tried to to re-register again and voila! It took my registration just like when I first joined this forum. It looks like you have to register for the forum and then again to order the test kit. I was successful this time and my paypal payment has gone through. when this kit comes in though I will need some help I'm sure. Thanks again and I'm glad to have found this forum.

Glad to see you are able to log in again. I didn't see any issues with your account. You are correct, the account for TFP and TF-test kits are entirely seperate. While Dave and I have a mutually beneficial arrangement, we are two totally seperate entities. I think he makes the best residential test kits and am happy to recommend them here on the site. Dave enjoys the forum and the unbiased information we provide and gives a discount for TFP supporters. It's a win/win/win. ;)

Teppy,

Welcome to TFP. You will get a lot of great advice on taking care of that new pool. There are different sections in this forum. We would enjoy seeing your pool. If you have some finished shots, please share them in the "Show off your Pool" section. If you have your full construction photos, please post those in the "Pool and Spa Build and Repair" section. Once again, Welcome aboard.