4th Year With Intex 24' by 4ft Deep - 3-4 inches Unlevel

TRH

Jun 28, 2011
This is our fourth season with our 24' Intex metal frame pool.

It has never sat perfectly level and has been fine. The whole yard slopes, so when we made our pool spot, we chose the most level part, and dug out a low side while building up another side...it's always worked fine. I'd say in the past it's been just a couple of inches off.

This year however, when we put it up we didn't get it exactly inside the circle...we mis-calculated.

It's full of water, and now along about a qaurter of the 'high side', I'd say it's appoxamatly 3-4 inches.

We, tried to dig out some of the legs on that side, sort of lifting them up with a shovel to get some dirt out to make it drop a bit.

At first I was not too concerned since we've had it since '08 and it's never been level.

But now with it being 3-4 inches off, I'm a bit concerned. It appears to be okay right now, but it hasn't warmed up yet, so nobody has been in it yet.

I'm not really concerned aboout the frame....my question is, with the age of the pool and with it being that much off, what are the chances that the liner would blow?

Measured, at the highest point from water level to top rail it is 5 inches higher. Specs say level, but it never has been, it's just never been this much..maybe 2-3 in past years.

I'm no expert but it is well outside of the standard allowable error that all pool manufacturers allow, so that means something.
Also, you said you were worried at 3-4 inches out, well now its 5" so your concern means something. Likely the only thing conflicting with your concern is the desire not to have to drain and correct and the work associated.

Let's say your pool has 12,000 gallons in it, and lets say a gallon of water weighs 8 lbs, that puts your pool capacity just under 100,000 lbs. Now, lets contemplate a major failure in the pool.

Not trying to be alarming, as I said I'm no expert, just trying to assess the range of options. Since most pool manufacturers clearly state not to level a site UP, only down, (ie don't add fill to level a side of a pool) perhaps the part that you leveled up is compacting year by year under that 100,000 lbs and continues to increase in "un-levelness", not sure, just putting that out there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.