Away from the pool for 4 weeks and just ordered SWG...

kjdiver

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 23, 2009
Virginia
Pool has been good for a while (thanks to what I learned here using BBB :) ) but having to travel too long my test numbers are now a bit low. Trying to get it back in order so I can comfortably install the compupool cpsc48 that I ordered today.

What to do first?!?!

So here are my test numbers:

Fc - 5
cc - .5 (or less, color in tube only had a 'tinge')
ta - 60
ch - 150
cya - 50
ph - 7.2

As always...thanks! Gotta get these numbers in line so I can start adding the salt.

You are fine to add salt at any time. Just be sure to get a salt test result to find your starting salt level.

Do you have a plaster pool? If so your CH level is significantly too low. For use with a SWG, you want the CYA level around 70 to 80. Otherwise your numbers look fairly good.

Thanks! That has to be the quickest response (4 minutes!)!

Yep, I have a plaster pool. Not sure how the CH got so low from when it was tested over a month ago. I'll take another sample to confirm from water a bit deeper in the pool. Fortunately I have calcium hardness increases (25 lbs) from in the swim in the garage. Do you know what chemical that is recommended in the poolcalculator?

So basically use the pool calculator for stabilizer and CH and I'll be ready for the SWG. Again, thanks!

Oh yeah, will test test the salt prior to adding. Hoping it will help me find out that real volume of my pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.