Intex Ultra Frame Pool, 9x18 - Weekend Build Pictures

zshiek

Jun 16, 2011
HI!, Thanks for all the Help and Valuable tricks to building my AGP. I have been reading all I can on the forums to make my the best decisions for our weekend pool build.

Intex 9 x 18 ultra frame pool, Intex 2650 gph sand & salter water pump

Tools used for the project:

- Sod Cutter, Plate Compacter,
- Screwdriver, Flat Shovel, Hammer,
- 2ft long metal spikes, 2x6x10 wood beams
- 1 roll of existing black decking tarp
- 2 homedepot tarps
- 30 bags of sand, 20 bags of crushed pebbles.
- used thin carpet which was out to trash as protection layer
- 4 bags of DiamonD Ultra Blue Salt (dumped into the pool itself)
- 2 bags of POOL sand. NOT regular sand. (put into the filter)

Procedure
1) built a container box once ground was 1inch off level
2) Compacted the existing dirt then pebbles, then sand
3) Tarp over the compacted dirt
4) Carpet over tarp
5) 1 1/2 inch thick Styrofoam (blue)
6) Black tarp over foam
7) Final tarps over the total assembly
8) concrete pavers for all legs cut into the foam.
8) Place pool on top and install

FULL Album with 40 pictures on my facebook: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... b2839367da

thanks for looking, landscaping coming next weekend :party:

Attachments

• 145.jpg
    145.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 999
  • 12345.jpg
    12345.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 998
  • 1234.jpg
    1234.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 997
nyrazar22 said:
Looks good you will love your pool have the same one only 12x24x52

Thanks, i wanted the 12x24, especially since the cost difference between the two was only 50 dollars from target. Too bad it was slightly big for my yard. I even thought about terracing the yard for it till it dawned on me how much work it would be.

DSC00583.jpg

lol, i actually used pictures of your pool to show my gf of how nice it "could" look once we get a deck around it. Hopefully that will be my next big project in july once i do landscaping this month. Did you use the pre fab concrete post blocks or dig holes and pour cement method?

we used pre fab concrete pads. The deck really payed off, I had so much dirt sand you name in my pool. The vac that came with the pool did not do a good job at all pain in the behind to get it done, so this year I bought the pool Rover JR. it cleans everything love this little guy. I also had to get a new pump so I went with the Hayward 1.5 horse and the s200 hayward sandfilter hooked up tp the salt generator. Now I need to get the solar panel up this weekend

Zshiek, Congrats on the pool. As with all projects success lies in proper preparation. I looks like you did you homework and came out with a quality job.

I used to be a pool snob and looked down upon AGP's until I got a 12 ft round by 39 inch high for my 3 y/o daughter a few weeks ago. Truth be told I am in it more than her. I love it and as soon as she grows out of it I would like to get the 12x24 version of your pool.

Could you post a lessons learned about your install. I saw in a sperate post you mentioned problems with the placement of the support pavers. Could you elaborate on how to prevent that from happening during install.

The big question I have is will the 12x24 fit in the space I would like it too. My backyard is just over 100 feet long but where I want to place the pool there is only 17 feet between a raised flower bed and my house. I read the online manual for the pool on the intex site and they suggest 5 feet clearance between all sides of the pool. They state this is needed for placing the upright supports during construction.

I think the 12 foot wide pool would fit in the space once erect but will I have problems constructing it within a 17 foot wide area? What is the footprint (how many feet/inches wide is the pool with the support uprights? If I truly need 10 feet clearance for the pool I would have to go with the 9 x 18 and excavate the raised flowerbed. That would be enough to make me consider placement in another area of my yard.

Thanks for any insight you can give me. Enjoy the pool. I am envious.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
hi bbb, thanks for the nice feedback. Intex is not great about detailing how much clearance you would need on the site or etc.. Although there is picture on the box of the package itself displaying the total dimensions of the pool with and without measuring the post themselves. I did not have the recommended distance of 5 ft. It didnt matter much as you dont really need it. YOu can raise one side first prop it up and then the other. I only have 13 ft clearance in my backyard. the box itself is 12.4 and i have 5 inch gap on each side after the post have settled.

give yourself 2ft on each side and make sure the pavers are further out then you would expect them to be. Due to pool settling when full., the legs extended 1-2 inches farther then when you measure it when empty - > causing the centering of the pool legs on the pavers to be off and pushing too much weight on one specific side of the paver sinking it into the ground and raising the other end. End result being a torn strap or worse. You can also setup the pool and then move it around a little to center it before filling.

enjoy

:cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.