Pump sizing

Jul 14, 2010
Reno, Nevada
I currently have a 25,000-gallon IG pool with a WhisperFlo WFE3 .75 HP pump installed in an underground vault about 4 feet below water level - although I just noticed that when the impeller was replaced on the pump 7 years ago, the repairman used a .5 HP impeller. So I'm probably only getting the .5 HP flow rate. First question: Do I have the right-sized pump for my pool? The pool has a single main drain, 2 skimmers, and 4 returns. Couldn't find a pump sizing tool online.
Second question: I'm thinking of adding a roof-mounted solar heating system for the pool. Will this require a new, larger pump?
Thanks.

That is a very reasonable pump for that pool. I have a WFE-2 on a slightly smaller pool and only need to run it five or six hours a day.

That pump will be fine for most solar systems, though it won't be enough for an especially high roof.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.