water level too low?

survey77777

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 18, 2007
ontario, canada
Hi

I accidentally left the pump (unplugged) in the pool when it reached below the jets for closing. The water level subsequently is significantly lower than we usually keep it at for closure. Could someone please let me know what the the minimal safe level is for freezing and to keep our liner in place.

Thanks,
Nicole

Nicole, the answer depends on your water table. For the most part, the liner will not suffer as long as there is ~6" of water still in the shallow end. However, if you get a lot of rain or snowmelt, the water 'may' build up under the liner and cause wrinkles :x

If your cover allows water to pass through it, and you don't get a major deluge before spring, you should be OK. If there's a chance of a major rain before the pool can 'recoup', you may want to put some more water in.

I have no idea about our water table, but our pool is at the top of a hill, if that means anything. It flows down to a creek and a ravine behind our yard. There is probably a foot of water in the shallow end and since we need to leaf bag a great deal before we pull the cover over a couple of inches of water will be added. Our cover allows very very little water through...just through the occassional tear I'd imagine. So...think we're ok?
Thanks again,,
Nicole

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.