Installed Jandy ei SWG - trouble with system prime

Seamus

Jun 27, 2011
I have been running the pump 24hr to startup SWG system. Pump works fine during the day all day. When I wake up in the morning and check. System is no longer primed and air is in the system. Jandy cell is empty. Noticed a very slow drip from the Pipe locking clamp (just snaps together). Might try hose clamps to secure fitting to pipe. Could the change in temp cause this issue (live in Sacramento) also is there another area that might be affected by temp changes.

Welcome to TFP!

Seals have been known to be affected by temperature. Also the expansion/contraction rates of different materials vary so joints made of dis-similar materials can pull apart sometimes when the temperature changes. However, nothing happening at the SWG should have any effect on the pump losing prime. The pump should only lose prime if there is an air leak on the suction side of the pump, but the SWG should be mounted on the pressure side of the pump, and so have no effect on loss of prime.

Common causes for loss of prime are a bad seal on the lid of the pump strainer basket. Low water level in the skimmer allowing a votex to form and draw in air. Or a bad joint somewhere on the suction side of the system letting air in.

I checked the seal on the Pump basket and also the Filter. I was getting a lot of air in the filter.

After opening and checking the re securing, it has worked fine.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.