Pressure did not return to the original startup pressure

HouTex

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 7, 2011
Houston, Texas
Just cleaned my CCP 420 for the first time since the pool was completed in December 2010. It was more work than I expected. It was hard/time consumming to clean the gunk from between the pleats.

The original pressure was 19 psi and before I cleaned it the reading was 26 psi. After soaking the cartridges in dishwashing detergent (but not one cup per 5 gallons--probably used 1/3 of that) overnight and thoroughly hosing them down (before and after the soak) the psi on restart is 22 psi. I can't imagine getting the cartridges any cleaner--unless I spend several hours cleaning them. Should I be concerned that the pressure did not return to the original startup pressure?

Have any of your valve settings changed? Turning on or off the fountain or spa or anything else you might have, is going to change the psi reading on the filter. You need to make sure you are comparing readings made with exactly the same valve settings.

I don't believe there were any changes in the setup. It's possible that my pool guy had the fountains running when he recorded the initial presssure, but I don't believe so--I was with him when he ran me through the set up process. It does run a couple of psi's lower when the fountains are on though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.