Crazy things your animals do

Mar 17, 2010
Spring, TX
We have one dog that just loves to run around the pool and watch the polaris do its thing. She sometimes would just fall in and could not get out. Now that we have showed her the steps and how to get out, she will actually jump in and try to get the polaris. A few times she has gotten in and pulls the polaris over to the side, got out, and starting to chew on it.

We have two dogs, one loves the pool... the other won't go near it. The swimmer has learned to jump off the steps and return to them. He is a maniac in the pool, he feels the need to retrieve anything that might be floating in it. We usually toss a tennis ball to him and he in turn takes it to the steps and drops it over the ladder side to the dirty ground. In the absence of anything floating in the pool, he will try to retrieve the splashes he makes with his front paws.

We've had two guys out today to get pricing on a deck, we are hoping that the other dog will take to swimming as well when he has access to the steps from the deck instead of the ladder outside the pool.

We have three dogs, the two Weimaraners love to swim, the Maltese not so much. Our Male Weim gets the most use of the pool out of all of us!! :roll: He has discovered it quickly cools him off and will at any given time during the day take a plunge and swim in circles and figure eights for a few minutes, get back oput and carry on lounging in the sun! He loves it and it is halarious to look out and see him, he knows he will get in trouble for swimming alone so you see him look around and make sure the coast is clear before he gets in. :lol:

ROB N said:
We have three dogs, the two Weimaraners love to swim, the Maltese not so much. Our Male Weim gets the most use of the pool out of all of us!! :roll: He has discovered it quickly cools him off and will at any given time during the day take a plunge and swim in circles and figure eights for a few minutes, get back oput and carry on lounging in the sun! He loves it and it is halarious to look out and see him, he knows he will get in trouble for swimming alone so you see him look around and make sure the coast is clear before he gets in. :lol:

We foster a weimaraner one time. Great dog and was still a puppy and was around 75 lbs. Those are some nice looking dogs.

My 110 pound Bull Mastiff mix hates water but likes to stand on the edge of the deck and catch bees in his mouth. Yes, he's been stung more than once. Yes, he has fell in twice. Luckily both times he fell in I had my best bud over and her and I were in the pool in record time to boost his big butt out. Course he had to fall in the deep end. My friend held his front legs up so he wouldn't damage the liner but in his panic he was thrashing around and kept pushing me backward into the deep water. After he was out my friend and I commented on our scatches and bruises and big Zeus was back at his post catching more bees.

I have a Yorkiehuaha (Yorkie father, Chihuaha mother) and he hates people jumping in our pool. He gets so upset that he'll try to grab their clothing to avoid them jumping in. He's possessed with this behaviour. We have a boat and he does the same on the boat. He's actually jumped off the boat and in the pool to pursue those that have jumped in. He's also a GREAT soccer player and will chase a ball that is kicked and bring it right back into the pool and will persist on doing this for at least 10-15 times before he tires out. He's a very unique addition to our family.

mynewpool said:
ROB N said:

We foster a weimaraner one time. Great dog and was still a puppy and was around 75 lbs. Those are some nice looking dogs.
They are, great when well excercised! Otherwise they are trouble looking for a place to happen! We have had them for nine years now and they have fianally got us trained....

Our Collie would not even get close to the water - he goes up on the pool deck but IN water, ewwww. He thinks not.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.