pool liner question

drg

Jun 24, 2011
when installing a pool liner over 1 1/2 inch foam what do you do with the liner...If the liner is a bead or semi bead and goes into the wll track for attatchment how do you handle this? Im kinda confused, everyone says to lay the foam inside of the pool walls and cut to fit, but this raises the liner up the thickness of the foam and it would seem that the liner would get a lot of wrinkels...Newbie here so be patient with the stupid questions...Thanks

I no longer install overhang liners, we convert them all to beaded liners. They look a lot nicer plus there is the advantage of not having to disassemble the top rail for future liner replacements. I would go with beaded if you can.

X-PertPool said:
I no longer install overhang liners, we convert them all to beaded liners. They look a lot nicer plus there is the advantage of not having to disassemble the top rail for future liner replacements. I would go with beaded if you can.

beaded liners need to have accurate depth measurements. If ordering a custom liner you want to use the shallowest depth found. You are right, you will get wrinkles there is too much material.

+1

Welcome to TFP!!

drg,

You are right on target. I used 1" under my pool on concrete and my beaded liner did just fine. No wrinkles at all. You can figure that 2 inches of sand is going to compact down to 1.5" or less. So your 1.5" foam will work great.

You will like the feel of the foam on the bottom when you are done!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.