Got Compliments!

Suziqzer

TFP Expert
Sep 21, 2009
Greentown, IN
We are on our second year of BBB, Hubby thought I was crazy when I found this forum and told him what I was doing but being a stay-at-home mom I told him I wanted to try it and learn it and if it didn't work then he could go to the pool store. Thanks to TFP we have never been "pool stored" and love our sparkly pool.

Last night we had some friends over and served them and some of their friends dinner on the back deck close to the pool. The pool is gated from the deck area and higher because of the abg pool height. One of our friends (who has her own abg) stepped up on a bench to take a look at our pool and was astonished at how clean it was ... asked my husband how I did it, he just told her it was my job. Hubby was acting as their waiter while I and a friend was inside most of the night doing prep work so I didn't get a chance to talk to her about it. She has had a pool for years. I'm not sure how they maintain theirs but would love to get them started w/BBB! Hubby guesses that they use pucks but isn't sure.

Such a compliment coming from someone else who's maintained a pool for so long! :whoot:

For some people, thank goodness they sell plain "pool blue" liners, you know, the ones where EVERYTHING is "pool blue", bottom included. That way they can't tell how cloudy their water is!!! I wish I could put a giant mural in mine or maybe a Toronto Maple Leaf crest (my favorite hockey team)!!!

Good job !!!

I loved it! Hubby didn't even try to take any credit for it... which was nice too.

piratemorgan... I think the mural idea is cool :) Don't know what I'd put on it since I'm not a sports nut, probably something tropical. My liner is a repeated image of water ripples of sorts. You can really tell when the water is cloudy ...late last season got a little careless and started w/a tiny bit of algae :hammer: So nice when it's sparkly though!

thepiratemorgan said:
For some people, thank goodness they sell plain "pool blue" liners, you know, the ones where EVERYTHING is "pool blue", bottom included. That way they can't tell how cloudy their water is!!! I wish I could put a giant mural in mine or maybe a Toronto Maple Leaf crest (my favorite hockey team)!!!

Good job !!!

Not sure how feasible it is, but you can custom order anything. I remember back in ~'97, Budweiser was giving away 16X 32 IG liner pools with the Budweiser label printed on the liner (I drink enough of it that I thought I was sure to win a pool, but all I won was a TEE shirt :lol: ).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.