Liquidator out float broken, fixable?

Feb 8, 2008
Milford, CT
Wanted to re-seal the barb to thread adapter on my Liquidator today (slow drip leak). Unfortunately when I went to unscrew the retainer from the outside the whole threaded piece snapped off from the float. Its a fairly clean break, Im thinking epoxy might work.......has anyone had success fixing something like this? Right now Im running without the "out" float in place........was able to get a nylon nut to hold the threaded piece and barb in the hole so the pool can at least be up and running for now.

Also, I know a while ago someone wondered if there is a generic replacement for any of the floats. Has anyone been able to find one? I couldnt find anything similar at McMaster.com which is usually my source for these things, and I was very surprised at that!

FYI - I realized what caused the breakage.

Yes, I was probably trying for "just a little tighter", and that is definitely not what you want to do, BUT! the real issue is that the inlet of each float valve is actually too long to be using a NPT to barb fitting on. The "point" on the inlet doesnt fit into the inside of the barb, and if you tighten the barb fitting down too much it actually catches the point of the inlet in it and ends up twisting the whole inlet (threaded portion and all) until it snaps off the float valve.

JB weld saved the day, but I figured Id relay the info just in case someone else has an issue. it seems that if you want to upgrade the inlet piping, you might want to cut off the pointed (non-threaded) portion of the float valves so it doesnt interfere with the NPT to barb fitting.

Good point (haha) on cutting off the nonthreaded end. If I ever have a chNce to document what I've done on my setup that was one of the things.

Hasa offers a lifetime warranty on all parts - I broke mine the same way you did and gorilla instant glue worked well enough to carry me over until the replacement arrived.

FYI call them don't wait for an email reply. Leo the auto response email had the wrong number for the SoCal office - hopefully they've fixed it but if not call the NorCal office and they'll give you the right one.

I just experienced some of the best customer service I have ever had the privilege to enjoy.
I broke my out float assembly today while adding some bleach to my 8 gal LQ. Bumped it with the bleach jug, and pop, done. 3 years of constant immersion in heavily chlorinated water, I wasn't surprised at all.
I went to their website, call an AZ distributorship, who referred me to the Corp office since, being in south Louisiana, I'm out of their territory.
The number they gave me was 661-259-5848. The lady I spoke to gave me zero hassle on replacement parts, reminded me that they were a lifetime warranty product. Said specifically that they would send out new parts for the lifetime of the container, and told me not to hesitate to call if it broke again. She also shipped it 3 day UPS so that I would have it by July 4th, all on her decision.
I get shoddy customer service so often that I'm used to being made to jump through hoops, "prove" that I deserve warranty, etc. Dealing with HASA made my day. I will be ordering their pH Adjuster, (basically a dry acid immersion tank similar in principle to the LQ) within the next month or so due to this experience. You don't have to be worried about taking the plunge on something new to market when the parent company supports it's customer base this well.

Ill add another thumbs up to Hasa. Called the number that shell posted, answered on the first ring, new float on the way in time for July 4 (and this is really important because my JB Weld fix gave way today so I came home to water pouring out of my shed where the LQ is installed)

I wonder if they sell/manufacture the hinge block portion of the float separately. The float itself is perfectly fine, its just the plastic piece with the threaded end and hinge holes that is broken.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.