Intelliflow and easy touch configuration

Jun 25, 2011
I cant seem to get my easytouch 8 to start the intelliflow 4 speed pump. I was forced to erase the EEPROM from both the remote and the unit itself. I have been able to get all functions to work - lights, sound system - all the stuff on simple relays. I cannot, however, get the easy touch system to actually start the pump. It controls a pool only system with no heater/no solar.

When I put the system into "Service" mode, I can turn the pump on at the pump itself, so I know that the pump works.

I must say that the pentair manual is of no help. I have almost 8 hours into programming this and still have to turn the pump on manually.

Also, what is the recommendation of how long to run the pumps and at what speeds? I have an intellichlor system on this pool which is 27500 gallons. When I dumped the memory, I did not write down the simple things like pump speeds.

One word to the wise, if you don't want kiddos pushing buttons when they don't know what they are doing, put a lock on the panel!

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Welcome to TFP!

The EasyTouch should automatically recognize the pump as long as they are wired together, both set to the same control channel, and the EasyTouch is configured to know that it is supposed to have an IntelliFlo connected (you need at least one circuit assigned to the pump on the Settings : IntelliFlo page, presumably the pool circuit).

I would start at about 1200 RPM for 18 hours. Make sure that is enough to get the skimmers to work well and to keep the flow sensor on the SWG happy (if you have a SWG).

EZ Touch has preset program called 'Master Pool'...assign it to the circuit name (pool). This program will turn on pump, and move valve actuators (if you have any).

For pool mode, pump speed setting depends on your pool configuration. Mine is at 1600 rpm because I have a return to an 18" raised spa (to circulate all bodies of water when in pool mode). Set your pump rpm as low as possible (just low enough so that you have water comes out all the necessary returns for pool mode.

At a low speed, you can afford to run the pump longer in a 24hr period, and it will help the life of your filter. Mine set for 12 hours during the daytime (summer months).

Hope this helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.