Pool Pilot DIG-220 Purifier off check flow

Jun 18, 2011
I am new to the site and I Just bought a house that has a Salt Water System and I am getting a flashing red light system says Purifier off Check Flow! I am somewhat familiar with pools but this is my first experience with salt water setup. I called tech support and they said the tri-sensor or the board is bad. If it is the tri-sensor then I can handle that, if it is the board I will get a brand new system before I pay 500/600 bucks to fix it. Anyway, I pulled out the sensor and took pics. My question is do they salt sensors look normal and how can I tell if the sensor has gone bad? I am getting oooPPM and add 375lb of for the salt and no volts or amp readings. I have flushed the system already, so this is not a trash issue. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Kareem

Attachments

• 1035907259314_ORIG.jpeg
    1035907259314_ORIG.jpeg
    26.1 KB · Views: 134
  • 8035907259289_ORIG.jpeg
    8035907259289_ORIG.jpeg
    32.4 KB · Views: 129
  • 10035907259295_ORIG.jpeg
    10035907259295_ORIG.jpeg
    24.2 KB · Views: 127
Thanks for the reply JasonLion. I read were it said I should try jumping the 1 and 2 to check the sensor. Could you elaborate on how to do this? I just want to make sure I am doing everything correctly and what to exactly look for before trying. Thanks!

Get a piece of wire with both ends striped so bare wire shows. With the AutoPilot turned on and set to generate chlorine (you can hit boost to get it so it want's to generate chlorine), remove the trisensor cable, then insert the ends of the wire into the two center pins of the trisensor connector on the main unit, within a second or so of inserting the wire the check flow error should go away, if it goes away, or is replaced by a different error message then the base unit is fine. If the check flow error remains, make sure the wire is properly inserted, and if it still doesn't work there is a problem with the base unit.

To test the sensor, insert the probes from a multi-meter into the corresponding center two pins on the connector on the end of the trisensor cable. Set the multi-meter to measure resistance, move the flexible metal strip on the trisensor so it is very close to the post, the resistance should change dramatically when the strip is close to the post vs when the strip is free to go to its normal position. If the resistance does not change there is a problem with the trisensor.

Thanks! I Jumped one and two at the unit and it gave me a reading on salt and amp and volts. So I guess it is safe to say that the issue is my tri-sensor. Thank god! Now I need to find a good deal on a replacement. The guy at autopilot told me it would be $265.00 for the part. :grrrr: Not trying to hear that. I am so greatful for this site. I am learning something new everyday!

I like SaltPoolGuys.com and PoolSupplyWorld.com. Neither has the lowest prices in this instance, though SaltPoolGuys isn't too much above the very questionable store with the lowest price.

It is possible that it is the cord, though if the cord looks good it usually isn't the cord. More often there are problems at the connector between the cord and the trisensor. The newer cells come with the cord hard wired to the trisensor, but replacement cords for the older style units with a separate cord are still available.

I think I will go with saltpoolguys.com it seems like they may be able to get it to me the fastest plus you recommending it don't hurt. Well, thank you for everything you have made my weekend, seeing that I only have to spend a couple hundred dollars versus $500-$600. I really appreciate all of your help and fast responses.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Everyone is on back order! I called local guy and he has two left and he is less than half a mile away from me. $!96 is way better than waiting til who knows when. I will be picking up in the morning. Can't wait to get my pool back. Question can I run my vaccum when I put salt in my pool? i\If not how long should I wait before I run it? Pool looks bad I am sure I will have to run a boost and extend my run time

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.