Important note for BBB

Nov 25, 2009
Cleona, PA
Never ignore checking the pool for a week.

We had a lot going on last week, and left the solar cover on the pool. Every time I walked by I saw it was still blue and said, I'll have to check the chemistry later.

Friday AM, still blue, Friday evening... green.

I'm beating the bloom back into submission, still had some Cal-Hypo to speed up the shocking... but boy, it would have been a beautiful day to swim today!

Remember, humans ... much like water, follow the path of least resistance. And I can assure you, I am a picture of "least resistance". My point? Get your testing and FC additions down to a science, if you have your system down to a science, you're less likely to fluff it off. Have your test kit in an easy to grab location, or just the reagents you need to test FC. Have your chlorine, test kit, and a clipboard with a "results" sheet in the same location if possible (cool and dry, of course). Basically I can test for FC and add chlorine in less than five minutes. Five minutes is all it takes to keep that pool clear and safe.

I made a "Testing Results" sheet that I will upload to the "Testing and Balancing Your Water" forum.

By the end of last year, I had a pattern down, every 2-3 days I would add 'so much' bleach and it was crystal. If I ever tested, it was right where I expected. (I had a lot of CYA last year, so I kept it around 6.) This year, after lowering the water and adding new, my CYA is a little lower, so I'll probably stay around 4-5. Just gotta get my rythm going. It was so easy last year, I took it for granted this year. Pools not losing FC overnight, still a little cloudy, but you can see bottom.
Vacuumed a few times. We'll be good to go pretty soon.

Got it crystal clear, and am keeping it that way. Kids got to enjoy it this weekend. The liner has pulled away more this season, as the vinyl shrinks. Sad, but it may be the last year for the pool. Can't afford to replace it. :(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.