Where can I shop for rectangular above ground pools online?

Nov 25, 2009
Cleona, PA
I guess if it's above ground, it doesn't really matter the shape, but I'd like to find an above ground pool that's rectangular. I'd do an in-ground, but they're out of my range right now. I've seen info about the Kayak pools, but no pricing. Who else makes rectangular pools?

Re: Where can I shop for rectangular above ground pools onli

DSC00589.jpg

I love this pool, we have a salt generator on it with a sand filter and a 1.5 Hayward pump it is a Intex Ultra Frame pool, and it is soft sided. I live in Washington state and it gets pretty cold here right after September tell spring. I have not taken it down for winter I drop the water line down below the return and put some inner tubes on top of the water and then the winter cover, it held up just fine snow and all but I did not like the water that sat on top of the cover after winter, to much stuff fell into the pool when removing it. So this year now that i have a deck around the pool I will be putting a inground safty cover on it. This way no water will set on the cover

Very nice!

Those pools appear to be very sturdy. I've seen them in action at dock diving competitions where one dog after another jumps into them. I really like your deck, very spacious and inviting.

What's your general area in WA? I used to live in the Tri-Cities.

Thank you, the Intex pool is very sturdy, I did some resurch befor I bought it and the Ultra frame was the way to go, and Im glad I did. Not sure about the other Intex pools. I bought it from intheswim.com, I live in Richland

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

mkenyon2 said:
I've seen info about the Kayak pools, but no pricing.
I won't bore anyone with details, but I wasn't very impressed with the kayak salesman. He told me MSRP was in the 26-32k range for their biggest and 2nd biggest pool. I'm thinking "the best he could do," was around 18k.

A friend of mine told me her friend got a kayak for 12k from a dealer, she also told me how nice their FROG system is :hammer: I'll bet it's not so nice this summer.

I really do like the idea of having an AGP that is constructed more like an in-ground. But I don't enjoy wasting money.

I will say this is not cheap but not like if you had one put in, this worked out just right for me, but I have spent some money on everything

I guess I should also clarify, I live in PA, where we do get snow and ice during the winter months. If you leave yours up, what conditions does it face?

But thanks for the info!

we have some bad winters here we get snow Ice cold winds from late October to early March. My pool does just fine, we have some people who live down the street and they have the Intex ultra frame round pool, they have it on the ground and they leave theres up all year. My pool is in the ground 4 feet with a deck around it, last winter I only had a deck on one side of it the rest was open to the pool but it still came through just fine. Way to much work to take it down for the winter.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.