New Build Setup

Hi everyone.

So the construction company i work for has almost finished the new house and will soon be onto the pool. As you can see from my extremely advanced drawings it will be an oval pool measuring approximately 25' wide x 40' long x 8' deep which the pool calculator comes out as 51,800 gallons.

Other than the shape and size, the drawings allow us to put what we want. I think my boss is thinking of going with Gunite and other then that i don't think he'd looked into much other then he says it will be "simple".

So i'm having a hunt around to see what peoples opinions are on equipment etc. All the pools i've dealt with so far have been SWG, should i change? I think my preference is DE filters having seen cartridge, DE and sand and seem to favour DE. Most pumps we've had in the past when we've replaced them for people have been Haywood.

So got a great opinion, want to warn me of something then give me a shout i'm interested for any comments.

If it has an bearing, this pool will be in the caribbean.

Thanks and look forward to hearing from you.

Andrew

Attachments

• pool plan.jpg
    pool plan.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 296
The drawing is a true oval, while the pool calculator is assuming a swimming pool oval which has straight sides and half round ends. A true oval will be a bit smaller than what you calculated.

The most important things are to get a two speed, or variable speed, pump to save electricity and the largest filter you can.

Many people here prefer SWG pools, always a good choice.

I don't like DE filters, too much work for me. But that is just me. Everyone has their own preference for which kind of filter the prefer, there is no clear winner that is best for everyone.

Hey Andrew,

I have 1 Main Drain, 2 skimmers, 2 returns and a 14 Jet in floor Paramount sytem.I have yet to vacuum this pool as the Paramount does all the work. I just posted some pics in Backyard Oasis section.

Good Luck

I said 8' because the majority is likely to be, but the pool hasn't even been laid out yet so thats why i was getting people input to what they thought. Unfortunately there is to many pools around here that are badly setup and i have the wonderful task of looking after one already, i wanted to make sure this one is right from the off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.