Aqua Rite Controller Issue

lecnt

Jun 25, 2011
Hello,

I'm brand new here so I hope I post this in the right forum. I have an Aqua Rite salt generator and it sopped generating chlorine. The display works and I can go through the diagnostic numbers but none of the lights are on, not even the power light.

I found a post on this forum that explains what the numbers are:

1. Pool temperature (xx degrees Fahrenheit or Celsius)
2. Cell voltage (typically 22.0 to 25.0 volts when chlorine is being generated, otherwise 30-35V)
3. Cell current (typically 4.50 to 7.80 amps when chlorine is being generated, otherwise 0 amps)
4. Desired Output % ("0P" -- "100P" depending on knob position or input from remote pool automation controller)
5. Instant salinity ( -xxxx ppm or -x.xx grams/Liter)
6. Product name sent to the pool automation control display ("AL-0" which signifies "Aqua Rite")
7. Software revision level (r1.xx)

I wrote down the numbers from my controller:

1. 87
2. 10.1
3. 0.00
4. 100p
5. -0
6. AL-0
7. r 1.40

And the salt level is 3200. It looks like the voltage is way too low. Anybody had this problem before? Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,
George

Welcome to TFP!

It looks like your controller is damaged in some way. If you are handy with electronics you can open it up and check to see if any of the components look burned. Otherwise it sounds like you will need to get it repaired.

Thanks Jason. Is there a good place to buy these boards? I looked around a little but they look extremely expensive. Electronics should cost $20 - $30 not $200 - $300. I don't think a chlorine level controller should cost more than an iPad. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.