New Pool...Just hooked up SWG...and it leaks. HELP!

mrdhb

Jun 24, 2011
Hello!

I am so thankful to have found this forum!

A few weeks ago, we purchased an Intex Metal 15' x 48". Finally were able to set it up and fill it this past week. Have had the filter pump hooked-up and running since day 1 (not 24 hr...but working).

We have done NO testing yet (whoops) and have only taken one dip. We're hoping to have a "pool party" (just a few friends) on Sunday. My wife and I went out tonight to set up the SWG to the filter pump...and the thing leaks! Eeks!

First...how do we fix the leaks? The leaks are located at both ends of the connection from the filter pump to the SWG?

DSCF2698.jpg

DSCF2700.jpg

Also...beside fixing the leaks. Is there anything we can do so that we can still use the pool by Sunday?

Thank you!

Daniel

Dave,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

There are the O-rings on teh top pictured "connection". However, there is also some sort of plastic "lip" at the SWG connection site that seems to be holding things up.

As far as the bottom picture...see how the filter pump is curved at the bottom? It seems to be pushing the connection hose off...and there are NO threads to secure the connection there.

Thank you!

Daniel

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.