Polaris 360 cracked frame repair

TFPJules111

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 16, 2007
Denton, TX
My 360 hasn't worked well since we bought the house/pool (it came with it). I've been cleaning the pool by hand, but there's a live oak over the pool that's dumping TONS of acorns & leaves in it and I'd like the polaris to deal with those.

So today I took it apart and discovered that the frame is cracked, directly below the drive shaft. This lets the frame flex enough that the gears sometimes don't mesh. Also, 2 of the bearings have lost all of their balls.

I've found tune up kits for about $100 that will replace all of the bearings, gears, belts, etc.

But the frame alone is another $100. I'm considering repairing it with epoxy, liquid nails or something similar.

Has anyone done a similar repair to a polaris, or other plastic cleaner? What adhesives, epoxies, etc. are recommended for swimming pool/chlorine applications?

I would use Gorilla Glue. It's passes ANSI/HPVA HP-I-2000 Types 1 and 2 (waterproof)). Just don't use very much. Use a toothpick to put it between the cracks. It expands when it dries for some reason but it is strong. Oh yeah, use clamps to hold the pieces together until the glue is fully cured.

Just following up on this old post to say the Gorilla Glue worked perfectly. Had to make a jig to clamp the odd angles of the frame and made sure not to have any glue squeeze out anywhere that another piece had to sit flush against it. Installed a $99 rebuild kit and my 360 is good as new!

duraleigh said:
Hey, Jules,

Nice work!! I don't know what Gorilla glue is. Is it a two-part epoxy?

Not at all. Very easy to use right out of the bottle. You can find it just about anywhere in the hardware section. Just use less than you think. It expands abit when it cures.

TFPJules111, glad to hear it worked. Better to spends $100 on something else than a new frame :-D

I've always fixed frames this way, too.

Just for reference if you do need a new frame you need to send your old frame back to Polaris before they'll send you a new one. They don't just sell the frames to dealers without getting the old one back first.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.