How to handle a Pool Builder bully?

dlsdo,

I don't think the PB added this organic stuff on purpose. Rather, they appear to have been extremely negligent in failing to clean out the containers before putting Dee's pool water in them.

I'm sure the PB would have done a much better job of cleaning those containers if he had been using them on his pool.

Titanium

A dramatic twist, just when we all thought everything was going my way . .

Two pB (pool Bullies) showed up late this afternoon and wanted to come in to look at the pool. I let them in and then was asked if I had put in the chems. I said "no, I'm still getting the yucky stuff out and want to backwash again first". I was then asked where are the chems and told to go get them. I kept walking with them to the pool and said they're in the house.

When we got to the pool, Bully #1 told the other "start backwashing". I told them "No. It took you guys long enough to come out here to fix the problems and I didn't call for your help today. I'm busy now and I'll do it myself."

They were surprised I could tell by what I said, but I felt empowered because I knew I had TFP folks behind me! No one backwashed! Since I was on a roll, I told them that I was disappointed since the crew leader had insisted I take in a sample to be tested for copper and then was lied to and told there was no copper but that the print out said it hadn't even been tested for among other things. Bully #1 told the other to go get a sample. His manner soften then and he attempted to ask me about my Thanksgiving plans. I didn't fall for that, I just told him I wanted a complete test done this time on the water especially since all the Crud had been put in the pool from those containers.

They left and I kept working. According to my machine the messge I got from the pool company (11 minutes later - which is NOT enough time to drive there, let alone test the water and call me) was unclear something about using strips vs. tablets to test for copper but there was no copper in the water. Message was from PB girlfriend. I didn't call back because they were closed when I got in and heard it. I'm betting though when I asked for a printout there's going to be some excuse -- any takers on this bet?

I'm starting to get mad now since I know they lied yesterday and probably again today to me. I was talking to a friend and it was suggested that I should pay with a different credit card this time so if there's another problem that's not evident immediately I still have 60 days to contest again. Sounds good but . . .? Anybody got any experience or knowledge along these lines??

Quick question and hopefully a quick reply:

We are finally getting the desperately needed rain and I'm wondering can the overflow really handle all the rain we are suppose to get until 10:00 AM tomorrow? One other time we had rain (since I got the pool) and the level rose so high so quick the overflow didn't handle it and it got very close to the coping so I dumped alot out through backwash/rinse. That was in the daytime and I could see it and run out -- but I'm wondering what to do tonight -- get up every hour or so and go out and check it? What do you guys do?

Thanks for all your help and patience with me!

It may just be that the copper test is not part of their printed results and they neglected to tell you - who knows?

As far as paying with another credit card, that's your call. However, if the installation of the new liner was done to your satisfaction, then I think you should go ahead and pay them and be done with it. I don't think putting in dirty water is reason enough to withold payment unless it did permanent damage to your pool, which seems unlikely at this point.

Getting the water clean and the chemistry right will take a bit more effort after they used dirty containers, but that should be overcome easily enough. I say pay them and get on to enjoying your pool. ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.