First Test Results

May 26, 2011
After reading and absorbing as much information I can right now from the forums and Pool School i finally got my TF-100 kit and tested my water. This pool is new to me and I am really excited to use the BBB method.

These are my results from last night.

FC-6.5
CC-1
TC-7.5
pH-7.2
TA-180
CH-600
CYA-140

I realize CH and CYA are really high so I am going to do a partial drain and refill to get those numbers down. My questions are:

1. While the pool is low and I can't run the pump should I keep the chlorine in the 15-20ppm range?
2. Should I add an algaecide while the pool is refilling? If so which one?
3. Would it effect getting the water balance to recommended levels if I spot cleaned the tile and stairs with a 50/50 solution of MA and water?
4. Any tips for this process that I should be looking at?

This site is a wealth of knowledge and I haven;t even scratched the surface...Thanks

Re: First Test reults

With a CC of 1 you're going to need to shock the pool anyway, so I'd just keep a little chlorine in there and stir it manually.

Once you get the CYA down you can shock it and clear it up.

Spot cleaning won't have too bad an effect on the balance and with a TA of 180 you need to bring that down anyway.

Re: First Test reults

My questions are:

1. While the pool is low and I con;t run the pump should I keep the chlorine in the 15-20ppm range?
2. Should I add an algaecide while the pool is refilling? If so which one?
3. Would it effect getting the water balance to recommended levels if I spot cleaned the tile and stairs with a 50/50 solution of MA and water?
4. Any tips for this process that I should be looking at?

1. Well, with your pool being currently clear, I'm with bama....just keep some chlorine in there and stir it up...you shouldn't have to go to 15-20 right now.

2. Skip the algaecide...you'll be shocking regardless.

3. The spot cleaning should be no problemo. 50/50 is just a little strong. Dilute it down some if it starts foaming up when it touches the grout.

4. Test the CH of your fill water so you will have an idea where your CH will end up. You may have to do two partial drains to get your CYA down around 50ppm or so.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.