Can you add a freeze guard to a regular Intermatic timer?

TFPJules111

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 16, 2007
Denton, TX
Hi All,

Temps are still nice around here, but I want to be prepared if/when they drop.

Have a perfectly functional Intermatic 220v timer to run the pump. All of the "freeze guard" stuff I've found on the 'net includes the timer.

Is there anyway to add just the temp sensor component to a regular timer?

If so, I'd guess it has to be tied into the timer, since if it went before it pump power would still be dependent on the timer regardless of temp. And if it went after it, freeze guard power would be dependent on the timer.

Thanks for your input.

Julian

You can add a separate freeze protection thermostat, such as the Intermatic PF1102, in parallel with your existing timer (so that either one can power the pump). Or you can replace the mechanism of your existing timer with something like the Intermatic PF1102MT combined timer freeze protection thermostat. Intermatic makes a number of related models with various additional features, so you have several choices beyond the specific models I just listed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.