auto fill after the fact

May 30, 2011
Hello, we recently put in our inground pool. We are new to the pool world and didnt do much research until after the fact. (smart, I know)

We have an infinity edge and we were never offered or told about an autofill option, which makes it very difficult to operate the infinity edge regularly, due to evaporation in both the pool and the catch basin.

We live in utah and have dry desert heat with low humidity so evaporation is pretty high. And to add to the problem we have a free form pool so an automatic cover was not an option. We have a solar cover that covers about 70% of the surface because of all the curved walls. We also need to be more diligent about using the cover when we arent using the pool.

Since the pool is surrounded by concrete decking is it possible to run a waterline directly into the equipment room somehow? maybe put it on a time and try to figure out our water loss and time it takes to make that up etc...

also, the builder went overkill on suction lines if there is a way to convert those. The infinity basin is about 18'x 22" and is 2 ft deep. That has 2 floor drains as well as 3 wall suction drains.

the pool has 2 main drains and 3 wall suction drains.

Any ideas other than a hose over the deck would be much appreciated. This forum has been an awesome help and my wife and I appreciate everyones willingness to help

If you think you can use a timer to add water then getting the water into the pool is easy. Just plumb the fill line into the return piping and use a solenoid (i.e. Sprinkler) valve and timer to turn it on and off. The water will just run through the return line to the pool. You'll have to have a backflow preventer but you'd have to have that regardless of how you did it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.