Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Using FAS/DPD...

15,000 gal plaster in ground.

CYA: 30

Pool is largely in the shade, and often covered with a solar cover, so I am usually adding just a few cups of bleech... keeping my FC at a steady 5.

Water is always stable as a rock. A few glugs of acid a week keep the pH right in line.

BBB is wonderful... Pool just about takes care of itself.

The only thing is that my CC is NEVER 0.

After calculating my FC, I put my 5 drops of 0003 in, and it ALWAYS turns a light shade of pink, which is disolved with a single drop of 871.

Nothing to worry about I know... Was just wondering if anyone else experiences similar.

It is normal to have some CC in the water. That just tells you that your chlorine is doing its job. When you need to address the CC is only when it is > 0.5 ppm. Less than that is ok and requires no further worry or treatment.

Your good as long as you don't over 1 drop on the test to get back to clear. :)
Mine sometimes uses 1 drop, other times no pink! It just depends a lot on weather, sun, bather load, pump running time and other things that might get in the pool from the wind blowing.
I never need 2 drops, (TF-100 kit) so that proves to me I'm good! :whoot:

Chuck

Very normal in a covered pool. If I leave my pool cover on for any extended period of time the CC can rise quite a bit, which I used to shock for. A sunny morning (rare in the UK) normally brings it back down again without shocking. Just part of the getting to know your own pool process.

While I fully agree with the above responses, do you brush or vacuum the 'low circulation' areas regularly? If the pool has dropped to ~ 0 fc at any time this season, algae might have taken hold, and once it does, a couple ppm chlorine isn't going to kill it in the 'low flow' spots :cry:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.