Help choosing pool cleaner

May 25, 2010
Fairfax Station, VA
I am replacing a Jandy RayVac pressure side pool cleaner, no booster pump.
When I first open the pool, I need to vacuum a couple of times because there is alot of material on the pool floor (I have a mesh cover). Afterwards, I get large debris only once in a while when there is a storm that blows in leaves, or early fall before closing. Most of the season it is occasional leaves, small clumps of dirt and debris.
After a lot of research, I have so far I have come up with these best choices.

Polaris 360. Lots of moving parts, may get expensive.

The Pool Cleaner, 4 wheel pressure side cleaner. Return port is in the middle of the pool. Like the design, few moving parts. I have not personally seen one in action.

The Pool Cleaner, 4 wheel suction model. Would need long hose to stretch from skimmer on end of pool and lose skimmer if left in all the time. Would get fines better.

Kleen Machine from Costco. Price is right, safety in buying from Costco in case I am not happy with it. Varying reviews, mostly good. I don't want to spend on a more expensive robot.

Appreciate help in making a choice.
Thanks.

mrhappye said:
I did not receive any advice here so I bit the bullet and ordered The Pool Cleaner pressure cleaner. Hope to have it in a few days. I will post my experience and review in case someone is interested.

doesn't the rayvac only use a 3/4 port? that won't work with the pressure cleaner.

I got my pressure The Pool Cleaner and it is working quite well. You don't realize how much junk ends up getting picked up but when it is all in the bag on the cleaner there is quite a bit! The pressure pool cleaner works pretty good but it doesn't climb the walls nearly as high as the old hayward navigator and nothing like the MX8 I had for a short period of time, maybe that is a limitation of pressure vs suction cleaners.

I am running it with a 1" dedicated line from the equipment pad 50' away. I have to run my Pentair VS pump at 2700 RPM with all other pool returns closed off via a 3 way valve to get it to 12.5 RPM. Right now it is running a clean 2 hours a day and doing a pretty complete job of my 30k gallon pool.

moore101 said:
I got my pressure The Pool Cleaner and it is working quite well. You don't realize how much junk ends up getting picked up but when it is all in the bag on the cleaner there is quite a bit! The pressure pool cleaner works pretty good but it doesn't climb the walls nearly as high as the old hayward navigator and nothing like the MX8 I had for a short period of time, maybe that is a limitation of pressure vs suction cleaners.

I am running it with a 1" dedicated line from the equipment pad 50' away. I have to run my Pentair VS pump at 2700 RPM with all other pool returns closed off via a 3 way valve to get it to 12.5 RPM. Right now it is running a clean 2 hours a day and doing a pretty complete job of my 30k gallon pool.

my guess would be that its supposed to be a 1 3/4 inch line and you are quite far away, that is probably why its not climbing the walls.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.