strong storms

pepsiholic

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Fairmont, WV
We have been experiencing strong, severe storms during the evenings and nights. As a result I have been fishing out the few helicoptor thingy and leaves that get blown in. I'm still trying to regulate my cya due to draining the pool to halfway down the skimmer daily due to all the rain. It should be somewhere between 40-50, but I can't really test it again until the weekend, and guess what more torrential down pours expected for the next 6 days...ughhh!

Because of this I've been trying to keep my chlorine levels at around 7, just to be safe. I have never let it fall below 6 and the water is still very clear and sparkily, but when I tested tonite it read 6 with a cc of 1.5, is this normal after storms? I went ahead and bumped it up to a shock level of 20 (assuming my cya is at 50) and will test again in the morning.

My readings were:

PH 7.5
TA 100
FC 6
CC 1.5
TC 7.5
CYA 40-50 (still trying to get it settled)

So, I guess my question is, is it normal to have cc's with a higher chorine reading? Thanks, you all have been great.

With a cc of over .5 you have a lot of organic debris causing the chlorine to be used up or you are managing a possible algae outbreak. Keep your fc levels up... best bet is to go up to shock levels until you maintain your fc levels w/less than a 1ppm loss overnight.

I understand your problems with the rain and debris.. we have had our share too and I'm ready for them to pass!

Sounds like you were already on the right track for the situation :)

Yes, with all the storm debris, that is normal enough. Sometimes it takes a little time and some sunlight to get rid of all of the CC. If things will calm down I am sure everything will go back to normal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.