Advice on buying pool please!

Jun 22, 2011
Hi, newbie here. Love this website, lots of good info. I plan on purchasing an Intex pool. I have a few questions. Imagine that!

I am really looking for the Intex 18 x 52 ultra frame round pool. I guess I waited to late, because none of the stores in my area seem to have that one. I've tried Sears, Walmart, Academy, Target and ToysRUs. I can order it from Sears, but it would take over 30 days to get here. Any other ideas of who might carry this pool or does anyone know of a reputable online store that would ship quickly?

I did find the 16 x 48 pool at Target. If you have this size, does it feel big enough for adults?

Reading reviews on other websites, I've seen stories of people getting the pool and it already being damaged. Is this uncommon?

We have two black labs. Do you think we would have any problem with them around the pool?

Last question, if you have owned both the blue regular frame pools and the ultra frame, is it worth the difference in cost?

Sorry for the long post! Thanks so much!

I saw that one, but it's kind of confusing me because the title says "My Sunshine" instead of Intex which makes it look like that's the brand. But, on the pool itself it has the Intex Label. Any thoughts on this? Thanks for the reply!

I saw a few of the Intex 18 x ?? at Sams Club in McDonough, GA today. They had the through the wall skimmer

Personally for me the 48" is a little shallow for adults, when they only fill to 40-44 inches.
I'd would have got the 52" if I would have any idea that I wouldn't like the 48".
Another reason is here in central FL. the water runs too hot, :grrrr: like 88-92* F. A deeper pool would be cooler. :cool:
I did upgrade to a a better pump and filter system as mine came with a cheesy setup. You can do a search on my posts here to see what I did.

The Ultra-Frame is worth the extra $, just because it is not that blue! LOL
I think that the fabric is heavier and the walls of the frame parts are thicker (I may be incorrect, never measured either just feels thicker) But as SuperTune say the height is what sold me on it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.