Removing stain from built in ladder

scoper

Jun 22, 2011
I have a vinyl liner pool with a recessed white ladder and corner steps. Every year they become yellow. I use Jack's Magic The Step Stuff on the steps with great results. The problem is, I can't use it on the recessed built in ladder in the deep end because the product uses gravity to let the liquid and granular reagents settle. Any good ideas on how to get the ladder clean? Area there any good products that come with an applicator that can be applied directly to the surface? Appreciate any help.

Does your recessed ladder have removable trim pieces? Mine have 1 horizontal and 2 vertical plastic strips that snap in place to cover the screws which hold the liner in place. I removed the trim pieces, held a rectangle of heavy plastic over the ladder and snapped the trim back in place. This created a pocket full of pool water isolating the ladder steps from the rest of the pool. I then added citric acid to the pocket and let it sit for an hours or so. The yellow stains were gone.

George

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.