wimpy

Mar 29, 2011
Lower Bucks County,PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Gotta go out of town again ,this time vaca. No one at all to watch pool. Read somewhere on here (just can't find it again) about filling bottle with liquid Cl and letting it weep into pool. Anyone do this or how bout some other idea's you folk's use while your away. Just don't want to go back to pucks if there is anything else i can do. Thanks

If you can run the pump on a timer and you don't get a lot of falling debris that blocks the skimmer, then bringing the pool to shock level is the best option. Some have used the open bleach bottle but if you don't set it up right you could get bleaching of your liner around where the bottle sits.

I wouldn't do the bleach bottle without experimenting first. If you did it, you could tether it with a weight...like a bowie. Say somewhere close to a return jet. Shocking sounds the easiest though.

Results from vac-brought pool up to shock level, covered with new 12 mil blue cover(50% cheaper from the folks at solarcovers.com , recieved in three days, thanks guy's) turned off pump and left. Ten day's and was little worried when i peeled back the cover but was blown away on how clear it was . Tested out at 3.5 cl which was still on my low end . Quick brush from settlement -24hr run and back to normal. Thanks for the imput guy's, this is definitly the way to go when away from home.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.