Help! Need to replace my old franklin electric pump

sclieu

Jun 22, 2011
So first, my pump died and the coil needed to be rewound. I did this and must have installed it wrong... well, after a few weeks, it was not running quite right, and I found that it had melted the plastic 'wet side' of the pump. Unfortunately, the Americana pump is discontinued and I can't find replacement part.

So now, I am looking for a replacement pump. I am unable to find the pump w/o the motor so that I can use my newly rebuilt motor, so now I'm looking for an old one on craigslist to get buy.

My old motor is a 115V 1 1/2 HP with 1.3 SF. I am not sure what I can get which will give me similar pump power, but not too much. Here's my questions:

1) Do I have an option to buy something w/o the motor and reuse my motor? If so, what other brands are available?
2) I'm looking at a Hayward 1HP Max Flow wired at 115V. It looks just like this:
http://www.hayward-pool.com/prd/In-Grou ... 3502_I.htm
Is this comparable in size/throughput?
3) I have a valve fairly close to the inlet into the filter basket. I see that it's threaded into the basket, but it is probably also glued. Any suggestions to disconnect it from the pipe to the valve? Do I need to cut the pipe? I only have about 6" from valve to the inlet.

I can provide some pictures, if needed.

Any help will greatly be appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.