Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How low do you set your SWG during the winter?

1. Back To Top    #1

How low do you set your SWG during the winter?

For those that don't close their pools for the winter, what do you set your SWG to for the winter? I had my output setting at 30% and found my FC to be at 8.5. I normally like to keep it around 4-5ppm. I just turned it down to 5% and will see where it stabilizes at.

2. Back To Top    #2

Have mine at 20 for week now and Cl is still high, about 8 now. but have so CC now Just .5 but never had any cc all summer. guess with a low setting does not get shocked back to reg clorine.
    14+28 Gunite with Pentair Pinnacale pump and pentair Clean & Clear Filter and Aqua Rite SWG

3. Back To Top    #3

have mine set to 15 % and pump run 4 hr for a month now and its been holding Fc at 4 ppm up to 7 ppm. not perfect but its in range so have just left it alone there.
    14+28 Gunite with Pentair Pinnacale pump and pentair Clean & Clear Filter and Aqua Rite SWG

4. Back To Top    #4
    Pump run time drops to 6 hours from 8 and output percentage in the pool goes down to about 8% from a high of about 20% during the heat of summer.

5. Back To Top    #5

I have mine set at 4% with my pump running at 5 hours per day. Yesterday's reading showed 2.7 FC with no CC. CYA measures 60. I keep it set at 10% with 8 hours pump run time in the summer, and it gives me 3.0 FC.
    20K inground gunite w/ Aqua Logic automation and chlorination Sta-Rite 400 K natural gas heater and cartridge filter 2 HP pump 1.5 HP spa bubbler for spillover spa 1 HP dedicated Letro Legend cleaner
    H2O: two parts Heart and one part Obsession. ~Author Unknown