Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AGP Cover Pump

1. Back To Top    #1

AGP Cover Pump

We've been toodling along fine for the rest of the summer, thanks to TFP people.
    Now, I have my orders to get a pool cover pump
    We have a winter cover on it.
    And a leaf net at the moment.
    I've looked a little.
    I guess I should get one that is submersible, huh? Just in case.
    Anyone have any 'good' experiences with any certain one?
    40-50 years ago you could usually judge quality by price but I don't think that applies anymore, which makes the decision even harder.
    I've seen the little Giant's at In the Swim and a economy (no name) at BackYardCity.
    We only need it for the 12x24 pool.
    Any suggestions?
    My thanks....jen
    Geez...I tried to edit the tiny text. I don't think I made it

edit by Divnkd101 - Gotcha covered
    ABG, Cornelius, 12'x24', oval, 7,700 gals, 1 1/2 hp Hayward pump, sand filter. BBB. 6-4'x10' Fafco solar panels, permanently installed on wooden ground rack, GL235 auto controller.

2. Back To Top    #2
    I have a Little Giant 5-APCP. It is a little bit more than you normally need. I love it because of that. I know that it has the features and capacity to handle practically anything that could come up.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks

Thank you, Jason, I got it.

Thank you div, that was thoughtful. jen
    ABG, Cornelius, 12'x24', oval, 7,700 gals, 1 1/2 hp Hayward pump, sand filter. BBB. 6-4'x10' Fafco solar panels, permanently installed on wooden ground rack, GL235 auto controller.

4. Back To Top    #4
    I just thought I'd check back in and report....it's working great.