Greater Houston
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I noticed after I had some warranty work done that my pump is now pushing bubbles through the pool. I had a gasket leaking on my my pump that they repaired but it looks like when they put the pipe back together they took out the part that had a water faucet type valve on it that I sometimes used to bleed air out of the line. Now when I try to bleed air through the filter housing it never seems to get all of it out. I also saw what seems to be DE powder in my pool. I hope this did not crush my filters.

See pic below.

I have some more pics to post but i guess Ihave todo them one at a time?

Attachments

• P1010192.JPG
    P1010192.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 191
Another issue I have is this pump was just put in this summer, again a warranty item ( I just bought the house in June and got a home warranty that covers my pool equipment, i think its apparent that the former owner did not take good care of anything) ..

Anyway this pump right where this picture was taking is now leaking water...I hope the people that put it in will repair free of charge but I may have to pay my deductible again..before i make that call or complaint, is there anything I should check first?

Attachments

• P1010193.JPG
    P1010193.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 188
Bubbles that continue all the time almost always mean a suction side leak. The first place to look is the lid of the pump strainer basket. Make sure the seal is clean and not damaged and that the lid is on tightly.

Another issue is my waterfall appears to be rock made of sandstone..so when its ran for any period of time it gets sand in my pool...is there some type of coating to put on this to "seal it" ?

Last thing I had was a question about my plaster but it seems I have run out of picture space...anyway it looks like it is maybe pitted a little bit, is this something that can not be fixed?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I believe its a water feature function where you plug in a piece of pvc there to make a water fountain...the previous owner broke off the pipe in the hole so it no longer works...but i leave the water feature on so that my spa level stays up and the runoff goes into the pool..if turn that feature off my spa level goes way down....

should those leaves not be sucked into the bottom drains?

4x4tx said:
I believe its a water feature function where you plug in a piece of pvc there to make a water fountain...the previous owner broke off the pipe in the hole so it no longer works...but i leave the water feature on so that my spa level stays up and the runoff goes into the pool..if turn that feature off my spa level goes way down....

should those leaves not be sucked into the bottom drains?

all they will do is get stuck in the pump strainer and you fish them out there, so i dont see why not. i vacume to filter all the time and get leaves , i just make sure i clean the strainer out after im done. your MD covers have big holes so they can easily fit the leaves, but i read someware that those covers are no longer approved because you can get stuck on them. but if it works thats all i would care about, heck when i was a kid i slept in a lead crib, swam in a coffie and cream river, and drank from the garden hose out back insted of going in and getting a drink. :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.