|................|
|................|
|..........6'....|
B................|
B................|
B..........3.5'..|
B _ _r_ _r_ _s_ |
WEST
B = seim out ench (no stairs), r and R = returns, s = skimmer, w = waterfall, the bump out is a swim out bench. The waterfall is not usually on.

The wind runs West->East 75% of the time and East->West the rest of the time.

Today I have the return closest to the skimmer pointing at the deep end (the middle) slightly to the left of itself. The return next to it is angled towards the wall just past the swim out bench, just low enough to see surface flow without breaking the water too much. The far return (R) I have pointing straight ahead, flat.

I want to put a return skimmer at R. But which way should I point the out flow? I don't think I get very good flow to the NE corner of the pool. So my initial thought is to point the return skimmer's output in that direction. Is this right? What about the other returns?

I'd love to get suggestions for how to configure these with and without a return skimmer too.

Thanks in advance

Edited a whole bunch of times to get the pool layout right in the post; looked fine in the editor window; not anymore.
I added a
Code:
 tag, which seems to help. JasonLion[/color]

That's what I was going for with my current setup excel that te first return is pointing straight to the middle o the pool. I'll turn that one to the left a bit.

What about if I put in a pool skim? Same thing?

From your sketch I interpreted that the pool is rectangular, If you added clock postions to it, 12 would have a return, 1 or 2 would have a water fall, 4 or 5 would be a skimmer, 6 would be a return, between 7 and 8 would be a return. Going on that assumption.
From what I understand you want to in general you want water mixing and a surface current to carry things towards the skimmer. I understand your water feature doesn't always run, but you don't want to work against it when it is running. (it's opposite the skimmer) so that is why I recommended clockwise rotation. Hope that makes sense. When standing behind the returns you'd want them pointing towards the left.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I should clarify that the reason I asked was that the upper left corner seems to get little movement because there's no return near that corner. The question I meant to ask was do I keep the flow counter clockwise (which is the consensus) or should I point the poolskim output towards that corner instead. Also I was trying to see if with the first return closest to the skimmer should I keep it pointing straight or add to the clockwise flow which has been answered too. Thanks all!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.