Borates the pool..now my son got a puppy.

chiefwej

LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 12, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pureline Crystal Pure 60,000
I added borates to the pool, 50 ppm. It has done wonders keeping the pH stable and the water sparkling. Now my son brought home a new puppy. The dog is a Golden Retriever and they love to swim. At eight weeks he was already swimming better than he could walk. My son lives a block away so the dog isn't in the pool daily, but he is here a few times a week. Should I be concerned about the borate level in the pool.

Chiefwej, I was also worried about my Lab and Borates. She drank the water when swimming around like she was going to the electric chair, but now that I'm borated she does like the taste! I don't think it tastes bad but she must! It's a night and day change! I wouldn't sweat it.

Mine take a little lap or two out of it from time to time, but not as much as they did when there were no borates. I don't know if they are put off by it now, or that me saying "no" a couple of times worked.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.