Hi pressure,Low pressure

Jun 9, 2011
Hi Everyone

I recently changed the sand in my filter because I was getting no pressure on my return jets in the pool and the pressure on the filter itself was 30 psi. When I change the sand, the psi on the filter was about 12 psi with 8 psi on the return. Now it is back up to 30 psi on the filter with no pressure once again on the return. Has anyone had this problem??

NolaBigDawg said:
Hi Everyone

I recently changed the sand in my filter because I was getting no pressure on my return jets in the pool and the pressure on the filter itself was 30 psi. When I change the sand, the psi on the filter was about 12 psi with 8 psi on the return. Now it is back up to 30 psi on the filter with no pressure once again on the return. Has anyone had this problem??

What do you mean by "12 psi with 8 psi on the return"? Do you have more than one gauge? Do you backwash for at least 3-4 minutes? Have you tried operating the system with the filter set to recirculate to see if it is a filter issue or plumbing issue?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.