Raypak RP2100 - Can't Activate Remote

Jun 21, 2011
So this season I have been unable to activate the remote to my Raypak RP2100 pool heater. I can turn on the heater from the front display, however when I press and hold all three buttons on the keypad the display will move to "REMon" but as soon as I let go of the three buttons the display immediately returns to "REMoff"
This has become increasingly frustrating...any suggestions??

i have the same problem and have had no success making the change - any ideas? No matter how quickly/ or slowly I try to push the up or down after the display changes to REM it remains as REM off.

Thanks

Sean

Rem off = remote mode active, but nothing calling for heat.

Unless there is something hooked to the remote wires on the back of the control board (common to pool/spa) there will be nothing to activate the external remote on the heater.

Pool Clown - holding for at least 8 to 10 secs and even longer - just defaults to Rem OFF.

racket - the heater has worked for a year and just changed after a power outage. it is connected to the intellitouch and it is calling for heat according to it. Any other ideas as this is very confusing.

Many thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.